These Nashville. Tennessee Wedding Photographers think that this list will help you as you plan your wedding.
Getting engaged is an exciting time! Here are 15 things you might consider doing after getting engaged:
- Celebrate with Loved Ones: Share the wonderful news with family and close friends, whether in person, over the phone, or through a special announcement.
- Ring Insurance: If you received an engagement ring, consider getting it insured to protect against loss, theft, or damage.
- Set a Budget: Begin discussing your wedding budget, outlining the total amount you're comfortable spending and how you'll allocate funds for different aspects of the wedding.
- Announce on Social Media: If you're comfortable with it, make a social media announcement to share the news with a broader network of friends and acquaintances.
- Start Dreaming: Begin discussing and envisioning the type of wedding you both want, including the theme, location, and size.
- Set a Date (or Range): Decide on a general time frame for the wedding. This will help you later when considering venues and vendors.
- Research Venues: Start researching potential wedding venues that align with your preferences and budget. Booking a venue is often one of the first major decisions to make.
- Compile a Guest List: Begin creating a rough guest list to estimate the number of attendees. This will be important for choosing an appropriately sized venue.
- Select a Wedding Party: Decide on who you'd like to have as your bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other members of the wedding party.
- Hire a Wedding Planner (if desired): If you're considering using a wedding planner, this is a good time to start researching and hiring one.
- Discuss Themes and Styles: Talk about the wedding's theme, style, and colors. This will help you make cohesive decisions about decor, invitations, and more.
- Research Vendors: Start researching and contacting potential vendors such as photographers, caterers, florists, and DJs. Availability can sometimes influence your final wedding date.
- Create a Wedding Website: If you'd like to keep guests informed and involved, consider creating a wedding website with details about the event, accommodations, and more.
- Consider Pre-Marital Counseling: If you feel it's beneficial, explore pre-marital counseling or relationship workshops to strengthen your bond before marriage.
- Enjoy the Moment: Amid all the planning and preparation, remember to savor this special time in your relationship. Celebrate your love and the journey you're embarking on together.
Remember that every engagement and couple is unique, so adjust these steps to fit your personal preferences and circumstances. Congratulations and best wishes on this exciting journey!
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to email me here.
Based in Columbia, TN
Deva and Bill